Has it occurred to you today that you are thirsty?
By the time you experience the sensation of the thirst, you are already dehydrated. That thirst is your body calling for re-hydration. When we are dehydrated we are affecting the performance of the majority of our body. Nearly all of our systems do not function as well without the proper water intake. This is very important to recognize early on and correct this condition before it becomes life threatening.
Here are 10 life changing reasons we need to drink more water:
1. If you don’t drink water, you will die. It's that simple. We can live only a few days without water - maybe a week.
2. Prevent cancer. Various research says staying hydrated with purified water can reduce risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50%, and possibly reduce breast cancer risk as well.
3. Be less cranky. Dehydration can affect your mood and make you grumpy and confused. Think clearer and be happier by drinking more water.
4. Perform better. Proper hydration contributes to increased athletic performance. Dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and electrolyte imbalance.
5. Lose weight. Sometimes we think we are hungry, when actually we are thirsty. For those of you trying to drop some pounds, staying hydrated can serve as an appetite suppressant and help with weight loss.
6. Have less joint pain. Drinking water can reduce pain in your joints by keeping the cartilage soft and hydrated.
7. Flush out waste and bacteria. Our digestive system needs water to function properly. Waste is flushed out in the form of urine and sweat. If we don't drink water, we don't flush out waste and it collects in our body causing problems.
8. Prevent headaches. Headaches can be caused by dehydration, so drinking water can prevent or alleviate that nasty head pain.
9. Make your skin glow. Our skin is the largest organ in our body. Regular water consumption can improve the color and texture of your skin by keeping it building new cells properly.
10. Feed your body. Water is essential for the proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Water serves at the body’s transportation system and when we are dehydrated things just can’t get around as well.
Fueling your body regularly is a must for proper health and conditioning. Water is essential for proper health and mind. Drinking purified water everyday will improve your health better than unfiltered tap water. How much water you need depends on your activity level and the weather. You should consume at least 8 – 10 cups of water every day to achieve proper health.
Shown below is a helpful link to track your daily water consumption.