What’s the best drink to quench a thirst? Water! Eagle Industries Corp. has all the solutions you need.
Fruit juice, which contains Vitamin C, is often seen as a healthy drink choice. However, fruit juices are high in sugar, just like fruit drinks, flavoured mineral water, energy drinks and soft drinks. A 250ml cup of apple juice or cola contains up to six teaspoons of sugar.
You can have them occasionally, but these drinks are not a necessary part of a healthy diet.
The recommended daily amount of fluids for children are:
- 5 glasses (1 litre) for 5 to 8 year olds
- 7 glasses (1.5 litres) for 9 to12 year olds
- 8 to10 glasses (2 litres) for 13+ years
You should drink more water when you’re exercising or on a hot day.
Tips to help you drink more water
- Bring a water bottle everywhere you go.
- In summer, put a frozen water bottle in your lunch box.
- Keep cold water in the fridge during summer and drink warm in the winter.
- Water down juices and/or sport drinks.
- Limit those sugary drinks.
Eagle Industries Corp. (distributors of Eagle Water Treatment Systems) want to make sure you and your kids stay hydrated during these scorching hot summer days. For tips on clean drinking water please call 1-866-222-9308.